News & Detail

Shifting of registered office

Shifting of registered office
Geeta Bansal

Any companies, who want to shift their Registered office from one state to another state can advertise the notice of shifting registered office in a vernacular newspaper in the principal vernacular language in the district and in the English language in an English newspaper with the wide circulation. Prior to amendment, the startups had to publish notice of shifting in the widest circulated newspaper, which in case of failure used to result in the unnecessary delay of 4-5 months in the completion of the procedure. Now with the amendments, the companies can choose the newspapers with minimum circulation as well. The amendments are made with an aim to enhance the ease of doing business for startups and SMEs. However, according to analysts, the amendment has not specified a meaning to the term ‘wide’, leaving the same to the judgment of authorities. This might lead to confusion and undue delays in the processing of applications.

We use cookies to understand how you use our site and to improve your experience.
By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies View Policy